The evaluation of the aorta and renal arteries with time-of-flight (TOF) magnetic resonance angiographic (MRA) techniques has been the subject of several recent investigations, with both sequential two-dimensional and three-dimensional methods described. Although the data are preliminary, these techniques appear to allow the noninvasive evaluation of a variety of vascular abnormalities, including renal artery stenosis and occlusion. This report outlines the theoretical considerations of TOF MRA of the abdomen, and discusses differential characteristics of the available techniques along with their advantages and limitations.
- aorta, magnetic resonance studies
- arteries, magnetic resonance studies
- magnetic resonance, angiography
- renal arteries, magnetic resonance studies
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Radiology Nuclear Medicine and imaging