Thermal burn caused by a laryngoscope

T. J.K. Toung, R. T. Donham, R. Shipley

Research output: Contribution to journalArticle

Abstract

Accidental thermal burns during general anesthesia have been caused by such problems as poor grounding of cautery, grounding leakage and fault currents through spurious electrical pathways, and improperly functioning warming and cooling blankets. This report presents an unusual case of second to third degree burns of the skin caused by a laryngoscope. Further studies were undertaken to determine the thermodynamic property of the laryngoscope used.

Original languageEnglish (US)
Pages (from-to)184-185
Number of pages2
JournalAnesthesiology
Volume55
Issue number2
DOIs
StatePublished - Jan 1 1981

ASJC Scopus subject areas

  • Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine

Fingerprint Dive into the research topics of 'Thermal burn caused by a laryngoscope'. Together they form a unique fingerprint.

  • Cite this