This retrospective look at the life and work of James F. Didusch emphasizes the brilliance of his talent and the great value of his contribution to the medical sciences. Didusch was the first student of Max Brödel in the Department of Art As Applied to Medicine at Johns Hopkins University from 1911 to 1913. When the Carnegie Institute of Embryology was established at Johns Hopkins in 1913, Didusch was appointed as its illustrator. He remained the Carnegie Illustrator until his death in 1955. His rich treasury of artwork represents a lifelong pursuit and is a vital contribution to the field of medical illustration.
|Original language||English (US)|
|Number of pages||14|
|Journal||The Journal of biocommunication|
|State||Published - 1992|
ASJC Scopus subject areas