This is a case report of central nervous system toxicity associated with paradichlorobenzene (PDCB) ingestion. The patient had ingested mothballs composed of 99.99% PDCB for a period of 7 months. She was admitted for depression and had no neurologic symptoms. Later she developed an acute cerebellar syndrome followed by stupor and coma. An extensive workup was negative except for decreasing levels of PDCB in her serum. Imaging revealed a diffuse leukoencephalopathy. Her clinical picture was attributed to PDCB toxicity.
- Central nervous system (CNS)
- Magnetic resonance spectroscopy
- Paradichlorobenzene (PDCB)
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Radiology Nuclear Medicine and imaging
- Clinical Neurology