The Eastern Health District of Baltimore was established in 1932 as an early partnership between the Baltimore City Health Department and the Johns Hopkins School of Hygiene and Public Health. Although its heydey occurred in the thirties and forties, for 51 years the district has provided data for researchers studying community health problems; learning opportunities for students in medicine, nursing, and public health administration; and a wide array of clinical and public health services to urban residents. The Eastern Health District concept has been copied worldwide, and although the partnership between the health department and the school of public health has changed over the years, some collaborative activities continue the tradition of research and service provision.
|Original language||English (US)|
|Number of pages||10|
|Journal||Maryland medical journal (Baltimore, Md. : 1985)|
|Publication status||Published - Aug 1993|
ASJC Scopus subject areas