This paper describes an endoscopic-inspired imaging system employing a micro-electromechanical system (MEMS) micromirror scanner to achieve beam scanning for optical coherence tomography (OCT) imaging. Miniaturization of a scanning mirror using MEMS technology can allow a fully functional imaging probe to be contained in a package sufficiently small for utilization in a working channel of a standard gastroesophageal endoscope. This work employs advanced image processing techniques to enhance the images acquired using the MEMS scanner to correct non-idealities in mirror performance. The experimental results demonstrate the effectiveness of the proposed technique.
- (100.0100) Image processing
- (170.2150) Endoscopic imaging
- (230.0230) Optical devices
- (230.4685) Optical microelectromechanical devices
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Atomic and Molecular Physics, and Optics