We describe a method for determining the surface tension of liquids by measuring the pull-off force between curved surfaces with a bridging droplet. The technique is useful for cases when only very small amounts of liquid are available, as in medical and biological applications. Data on the surface tension of saliva samples are in agreement with literature values. (C) 2000 Academic Press.
- Pull-off force
- Saliva, surface tension of
- Surface tension, measurement of
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Electronic, Optical and Magnetic Materials
- Surfaces, Coatings and Films
- Colloid and Surface Chemistry