The development of a new miniature force sensor designed to measure contact forces at the tip of a microsurgical instrument in three dimensions was described. The application of miniature force sensors to scaled force feedback by using a cooperatively manipulated microsurgical assistant robot was also discussed. It was shown that the robot reacts to changes in the tip force of less than 5 mN.
- Clinical human computer interfaces
- Force sensor
- Micro-electromechanical systems (MEMS)-based medical devices
- Robotics and robotic manipulators
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Control and Systems Engineering
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering